Ingredients required- 10 lemons, 3 tbsp mustard oil, 2 tsp salt, 1 tsp amchur powder, ½ tsp turmeric powder, ½ tsp mustard seeds, ½ tsp cumin seeds, ¼ tsp kalonji, ¼ tsp black pepper powder and ¼ tsp asafoetida.
- Take water in a pan, add lemons and let it come to a boil once. Now lower the flame and let it simmer for 6-8 minutes.
- Take out the lemons and let them cool down a bit. Now cut the lemons into small pieces and remove the seeds.
- Add the lemon pieces in a large bowl. Now add salt, amchur powder, turmeric powder, black pepper powder and mix.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. Let it splutter for a few seconds. Now add kalonji, asafoetida and cook for just one minute.
- Now add this mixture in your bowl of lemons. Mix everything well.
- Transfer the pickle to a sterilized glass jar and close the lid. Keep it in the sun for 5-6 days and shake it every day. After that, your tangy lemon pickle is ready to be consumed.