Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, CB22 3LH Directions and opening times
Development Jump Navigation
NEW RELEASE OF APARTMENTS NOW SELLING
Surrounded by countryside on the edge of the historic village of Sawston, The Hawthorns is new residential community comprised of one, two and three/four bedroom houses.
Discover peaceful countryside living and a thriving local community with all the convenience of the city nearby. Each new home has been designed with every detail in mind – from private gardens and stylish bathrooms to timeless, understated exteriors which seamlessly complement the surrounding area.
New Release of Apartments Now Selling
The Juniper Building is a collection of one and two bedroom apartments all with outdoor space and selected apartments are available with the HELP TO BUY : EQUITY LOAN for FIRST TIME BUYERS
Register your interest to be one of the first to hear about the launch.
Showcasing The Bluebell - Two bedroom maisonette
Plot 113, The Bluebell is a highly sought after two bedroom maisonette that is available with the Help to Buy : Equity Loan* exclusively for first time buyers. With double bedrooms, open plan kitchen / living / dining room and located in the desirable village of Sawston, this home is not to be missed.
*Help to Buy: Equity Loan is available for first time buyers only and subject to eligibility. For further information: ownyourhome.gov.uk
Discover The Hawthorns
You have everything you could possibly need on your doorstep but when you want to venture further, you are perfectly positioned for links to Cambridge, London and beyond. From Sawston there are regular bus services providing links to Cambridge and the surrounding area every 15 to 30 minutes, while Whittlesford and Great Shelford railway stations are both just over two miles away. Sawston is situated less than three miles from the A11 and less than four miles from the M11.
Discover The Hawthorns
ImageHistory and an exciting future
Pretty lanes lined with flint walls lead you around this village, dating as far back as the Bronze Age, and take you past sights such as the Grade I listed 16th Century manor house, Sawston Hall and the Grade II listed 18th Century Brooklands building. In fact, there are 71 listed buildings in the village.
When it comes to outdoor spaces there are parks, children’s play areas, outdoor sports areas, allotments and Sawston’s best kept secret; a walled garden with two acres of trees and flowers known as Mary Challis Garden.
ImageJust a stroll away
The impressive range of amenities in the village – such as grocery stores, cafés, pubs, takeaways, hairdressers, building societies, a library, a medical centre and a pharmacy – has led to it being categorised as a rural centre.
Sawston’s trade park is being redeveloped, creating 1400 new jobs and bringing further investment to the village – and permission has been granted for a new 3000-capacity Cambridge City Football Club stadium which will add to the already impressive sports facilities for the community.
A selection of homes are available with the option to proceed with sustainable upgrades. This includes an upgrade of appliances to a higher energy ratings which may lead to a reduction in energy costs, an electrical car charging point in garage and a raised growing bed to grow your own produce.
You can also enjoy smart heating controls which monitor usage and adjust temperature accordingly, so there's no need to programme the thermostat, a water butt to collect rain water and PV panels to generate energy.
- Coming Soon
- Zanussi ceramic hob with stainless steel splashback where applicable
- Zanussi integrated single oven or combi oven/microwave where applicable
- Zanussi integrated fridge/freezer
- Zanussi integrated dishwasher
- Integrated cooker hood
- Blanco stainless steel sink with contemporary Blanco mixer tap
- LED feature lighting to wall units
- Soft close to doors and drawers
- Zanussi integrated washer/dryer
*Free standing washer/dryer located in storage cupboard in hallway for The Foxglove and The Bluebell as shown on the floorplans.
Bathroom & En-suite
- Low profile shower tray with glass shower door
- Dark wood effect vanity tops
- Large format wall and floor tiles
- Heated chrome towel rails
- Bath with shower over and glass screen
- Dark wood effect vanity tops with matching bath panel where applicable
- Large format wall and floor tiles
- Heated chrome towel rail
Heating & Water
- Radiators throughout
- Heated chrome towel rails to bathroom and en-suite
- Gas fired boiler
- Hot water storage tank, where applicable
- Downlights to selected location including kitchen, kitchen/dining room, bathroom, en-suite and WC
- Pendant fittings to selected locations including entrance hall, living room, living/dining and all bedrooms
- LED feature lighting to wall units in kitchen
- White moulded electrical switches and sockets throughout
- Shaver sockets to bathroom and en-suite
- TV, BT and data points to selected locations
- Wiring for customers own broadband connection
- Pre-wired for customers own Sky Q connection
- External lighting to front and rear of property
- Light and power to garages
- Hard wired smoke, heat and CO detectors
- Spur for customers own installation of security alarm panel
- Landscaping to front garden
- Turf to rear garden
- White painted timber staircase with carpeted treads and risers
- White painted internal doors with contemporary brushed stainless steel ironmongery
- Built in mirrored wardrobe with sliding doors to master bedroom
- Square cut skirting and architrave
- Walls painted in white emulsion
- Smooth ceilings in white emulsion
- Amtico flooring to entrance hall, WC, kitchen, kitchen/dining room and open plan kitchen/dining/living areas
- Carpet to separate living room, living/dining room, stairs, landings and bedrooms
- Large format tiles to bathroom and en-suite
- Painted steel front doors and multi-point locking system
- High efficiency double glazed UPVC windows with matching patio doors, finished white inside
- Up and over garage door, colour to match front door
- Roof lights where shown on floorplan are finished white internally and grey externally
A Management Company has been formed for The Hawthorns and will be responsible for the management and maintenance of any un-adopted roads, footpaths, landscaping and attenuation pond. All homeowners will automatically be made members of the Management Company when they purchase a home at The Hawthorns and will be required to pay a contribution towards the upkeep, repair and maintenance of these areas in the form of an annual estate charge.
- 10 year NHBC warranty
Ways to buy
When it comes to the outdoors, there are outdoor parks, children's play areas, outdoor sports areas, allotments and Sawston's best kept secret; a walled garden with two acres of trees and flowers known as Mary Challis Garden.
Make the most of these spaces in your free time and enjoy a weekend stroll followed by lunch along Sawston High Street.
Sawston’s three schools – Sawston Village College (the first of its kind founded by Henry Morris in 1930, then Chief Education Officer for Cambridgeshire), The Bellbird Primary School and Icknield Primary School all receive glowing reports and are rated as good by Ofsted.
There are also numerous nursery and pre-school groups here, along with many youth and community groups and events, including a community cinema and annual music festival.
The Icknield Primary School0.1 miles
The Bellbird Primary School0.4 miles
The Co-Operative Food0.5 miles
Sawston Sports Centre0.7 miles
Sawston Medical Practice0.9 miles
Get in touch
Book an appointment to visit our 4 bedroom show home
Virtual tours and video calls also available